Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Prayer please from a broken man....

Confess your sins to one another...
This seems a bit informal, but I still want to do it.
I need prayer. I'm humbly asking you, whoever you are, to please pray for/with me.
I have recently gone through a time of struggle with lust, and repeated times of giving in.
In my head, I know I am free from this, yet my heart...it's forgotten and I find those familiar metal cuffs around my wrists, feeling the weight and burden.
I do not like myself when I return to my own vomit. I feel I am no good to myself or others when I'm like this.
If drastic measures need to be taken, then so be it.
Jesus says cut your eye out if it causes you to sin.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Dave,

Brother! You know this verse, but read it again and again. "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." 1 cor. 10:13. You are the beloved of the King Dave! He loves you so much. Embrace that love He has for you, receive it. Perfect love casts out all fear. Do not be afraid to come to your God, to your brothers and sisters. God is love, He wants you to sit in His lap and He wants to love on you. I will pray for you, praying now Dave! Going back to the same vomit, I understand. But you are not what you used to be. Tell that devil you are going over, not under. Take ever thought captive to the word of God. Speak that word to your thoughts. Love u bro!

Jenna said...

Dave! 1 cor 10:13, you know this verse. "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." The lord wants to LOVE on you right now. Do not be afraid to be in His presence, to read His words, or to come to your brothers and sisters. Perfect love casts out all fear. The Lord holds the world in the palm of His hands, surely He holds your life in it too. He loves you sooo much. He wants you to come and sit on His lap and let Him love on you. When He sees you, He sees Jesus! Take thoughts captive to the word of God. Speak the word to yourself. You are a beloved son of the KING! :)love u bro! Let me know when you need prayer!