Wednesday, March 10, 2010

T Pepin

On Tuesday, March 9th, my cousin Talon Pepin went Home. He was battling brain cancer, and some say he lost that battle.
But he's Home. He is hanging out with Jesus right now and that is such a better place to be.
We're all going to miss him and I cannot even begin to fathom the pain and hurt his parents and two siblings are experiencing right now.
I know I hurt. I don't grieve for the dead, I grieve at the existence of death.
Families move away, cousins don't see each other nearly as much as we used to.
Thanksgiving and Easter were always the big Pepin holidays, at Aunt Patty's and Uncle Duke and Aunt Katie's.
Life changes, people move away.
In all honesty, I want to see my family this weekend but....there will be so many tears. I'm afraid of that pain and sorrow.
How does one mourn or grieve in a healthy way?
I lost my grandma and grandpa a few years ago, I was at the hospital when she passed. I hate death so much.
Things. Just. Stop.

1 comment:

Nathaniel FitzGerald said...

I think the most healthy way to grieve is to allow yourself to grieve. Even Jesus grieved when Lazarus died, even though He probably knew He would raise him from the dead.

I'm sorry for your family's loss, and grateful for your cousin's gain.