Tuesday, September 30, 2008

To Manage The Stage

It's honestly been a while since someone has been clearly disappointed in me.
It stings. Makes me uncomfortable.
I screwed up. I missed a meeting for the play I'm stage managing. I plain forgot.
And the funny thing is, about five minutes after the meeting was over, I walk into the Fine Arts building, right where the meeting took place, still blind to the fact that I missed something. One of the designers spots me and says "Walk with me" and we walk by the room and pause.
Then it hits.
I was having a good day and you know what, I'm still having one. I got a lot accomplished today. Helped to organize the sculpture studio ( something I've been fearing for a while). I put in two hours of good, honest, hard work in and it felt good.

And I have big ideas for the ceramic studio. I do not know if this is "of God" in the sense of something He clearly wants me to do, but I am investing some major time in it. I have a very clear passion for it and it can be improved greatly.

I still feel like crap. Can't shake it off, no matter how much I want.
Maybe I'll go into the studio and make some pieces tonight. Who knows? Bah.

No comments: