Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Alien

I look in the mirror and I recognize what I see.
I look at my heart and see a stranger, someone I haven't known for very long.
Who Is This?
Why am I set aside? God, I love you so much, but sometimes counting the cost seems to be more than my heart can possibly bear. To spend my lifetime acquiring my friends and to have to give them up in an instant.
To be set aside, to be the one to call them out of the darkness.
But until I do that, I still have to endure watching them in the darkness
Being consumed, their hearts destroyed by the Destroyer.
Lord, I'm not strong enough to run into the cave and grab them to show them the light.
I can only call from the entrance and pray and hope my words do not fall upon deaf ears.
How do I simply stand back at watch?
Is this what I am called to? To watch them struggle?
God, I pray. I pray for all of them. That HAS to be enough. God, please do the work I cannot do.
Open their hearts, make them curious about you!
Keep my heart a stronghold for you.

No comments: