Thursday, October 1, 2009

Loose Lips Sink Ships



Apparently I have an "irrepressible need to be open with everyone" (hb).
That shouldn't be who I am anymore.
When will that ever go away? That is not me.

But it seems it still is because I want to tell everyone everything.
And I'm still dealing with these consequences. People telling me things they shouldn't know, yet I've definitely told them.

I'm tired of my flesh and the war it wages. I am tired of my new self clashing with my old self.
I am still dealing with consequences of my old self. No, I'll never deny that, (in fact with me, I'll tell the whole world was a great sinner I was) but I'm tired of this openness.

Maybe I'll go on a speech fast for a long time.
I like that idea. A lot.

2 comments:

G.N. said...

Then do it.

Nathaniel FitzGerald said...

A speech fast may not entirely be the best idea--unless of course you're led to it by the Spirit.
I would however recommend seeking moderation in how much you speak. Maybe spend some time speaking only when necessary or something like that. But above all, learn to listen.
That in itself is a hard and wonderful lesson.