Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I should update, I suppose...

Life. Is. Crazy.
Finals this week...oh boy. So much work to do, but I see the light.
Stayin' local this summer, working for the computer lab and for Sodexho Catering. By June, both combined will be about 40 hours. That will definitely do.
I don't know where Susie will be, and neither does she currently. It's a little scary because up until this point, the "plan" was that she would stick around until August, but plans change as they so often do, so she may be home quite a bit sooner than previously anticipated. (I'm avoiding using the word "expected" because I do not like expectations...they cause trouble, especially when not met.) I don't like the idea of distance, but...it will be okay. I don't know what that means right now, but I know things will be okay.
Next semester is looking quite nice. I'm getting off campus with 4 other solid, quality guys. Three of them are going to Notre Dame in the fall and myself and the 5th man are staying at Bethel for our senior year. It will be nice to have a townhouse to ourselves, not have to deal with curfew, or that pesky rated R movie rule. And despite being 21, I still am not drinking until my time at Bethel is done. The Notre Dame boys will be able to indulge and that's fine. They have that freedom and I won't hold them to a "no-alcohol" rule by any means. And next semesters schedule is looking awesome. Ask me about it sometime. I'll tell you. Best semester yet as far as open time is concerned. And Philosophy of Film course? Heck. Yes.
God...has been aloof these days, well, I have been aloof these days. It would have pained me to say that before, but it is what it is, and I'm not above being broken and distant which are two things I'm definitely recognizing in myself lately. School gets so busy.
This summer will be good, so good. No homework constantly looming over my head. My only *honest* worries will be budgeting money so I can eat everyday. That, and rent. I'm honestly hoping this will encourage and spur me on to begin and keep some sort of disciple in my life (some working out, some daily time with Dad....not in order of importance). Those are so much needed in my life right now. Some sort of...peace and relaxation that I desperately need but cannot seem to find anywhere other than in His presence.

No comments: