Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nothing Too Important

Things seem to be back on track, to quote a good friend. I don't think I've realized how far off track I was until I suddenly, quite unexpectedly, but graciously found myself back on track. Soothes the soul, you know?
Breathe Deeply. Inhale Slowly, and hold it for just a second longer than normal; slowly exhale and let your body relax. Rest, let Him love you the way He desires (and the way you desire, though you may not know it). Find solitude, find escape from all the noise, noise, noise, noise. Go and enjoy a walk alone. Appreciate the time in the shower when you're left with your thoughts and Him. He's always there, we just don't live life through that context. Just because we don't see Him or even necessarily feel Him doesn't mean He isn't there. So, we're never alone, are we? Ever. That can be quite a comforting thought, or one that invokes more conviction than we care to admit to. It's funny how that works out sometimes. Man, I do not like guilt. Let conviction rest on you, not guilt. Guilt keeps you still, right behind the tree branch, but he conviction opens your eyes to the fact that we are FREE to simply grab Jesus' hand and step over the branch. (the idea is that you're on a path and there's a big tree branch laying on the ground in front of you. Are you going to stare at the branch all day, lamenting about the fact that it's there, in front of you so long that you begin to question if you even know it's a branch or something else which throws you for an even bigger loop. Or will you simply let Jesus help you step OVER it and move on?) There's my analogy for the night.
P.S It's becoming increasingly more difficult to type on my laptop. For some reason (whether I'm actually causing it or my computer is malfunctioning) randomly, wherever the mouse is, that's where the cursor jumps to. Fortunately for this website, it asks me before I navigate to another page, though not all websites are like that. Writing long emails via Exchange or FB messaging has become a very tedious task.

No comments: