Friday, November 6, 2009

I missed yesterday...oh well

God is so good. For some reason, they've canceled alternate chapel two days in a row, so I've been forced to go to the normal chapel. Not that this is an inherently bad thing, but this year, I've found I prefer alternate chapel for it's more low-key, chilled setting.
Today, however, I am so appreciative to have gone to normal chapel.
The speaker canceled last minute (another victim of the swu, I assume).
So, they pulled together a last-minute praise and worship chapel, complete with Shekinah Glory (I cry every time those girls dance.)
It was just good. Good in the sense that God is good. I felt the Holy Spirit move in my soul and I could not help but smile. I didn't even realize I was holding in the Joy I was receiving until I let it out. Todd let loose on the organ setting and I just lost it.
Laughter is so good, especially when it's shared. Drew was right there with me, laughing so hard. And it wasn't even the organ sound that was funny. I couldn't help but laugh because there was nothing to do but laugh. Not out of exhaustion or frustration, but simple, yet complete overwhelming and welcomed Joy. And it just made the rest of my day seem lighter.

Yesterday was a long day. I had class at 9:30-10:50, then a break. Class from 12:00-1:50, 2:00-3:20, break. Work 7-midnight. Suffice to say, Thursdays are no day of rest.
And here comes the theme of the semester: papers. I always have a paper to be writing.
Papers that need writing/finishing by Tuesday.

Art History
  • Comparing my church (house) to an ancient Sumerian Ziggurat
  • Defend whether or not the ancient myth of the Minotaur happened
Disciple-making Structures in Ministry
  • My view of discipleship/ministry
  • One lesson plan for a wed night youth group
and now for the papers due by the end of the semester

Art History
  • At least 6 more papers over random topics, and galleries and museums
Disciple-making Structures
  • 4-year curriculum for a wednesday night youth group
  • 1500-1600 word reflection on what I've learned in the class
Theory of knowledge
  • Final Paper (subject unknown)
These are my focuses for the year. That, and I need to pass Prob and Stats. The encouraging (sarcasm) part about that is the Math department decided that they would change the class for this year. Basically they doubled the work load and made it harder to study and ask questions. The professor said (and I quote) "We expect more people to fail this class than in previous years". Now, despite what you think (you, whoever you are that reads this, however many few of you are out there), this isn't complaining but rather a scholarly update on my life. Despite what I think, academics are, unfortunately, a large part of my life that need some attention. However, I keep insisting God did not bring me to purely for my education, but more importantly for His Truth, which I've found and experienced in abundance. More on that later....

No comments: