Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Almost a month...

It's been almost a month since I've updated this. Life gets busy, especially with a job and two other blogs that need updating and all that with limited internet abilities. So yeah, it's June 2nd now. I'm sitting in the employee rec. hall where all the employees chill out after a day of work ( for some, they literally work all day). There's a pool table ( an old coin pool table converted to be free ), a big screen T.V ( you can sign out a D.V.D player if you get really bored) and numerous chairs and tables ( it seems everyone but me brought their laptops). I still can't believe I'm in Wyoming currently. It absolutely blows my mind. Every time I catch a glimpse of the mountains that loom in the distance, I still, quite literally, gasp. I can't help but feel very small and insignificant. Life here is interesting.
God hAs I type right now, plans are being made to go white water rafting for free. That scares me. White water rafting is very terrifying. But yeah, it's a pretty sweet set up here. Most of the activities here are free to employees. Also, the food we eat is the same as the guests as well. They take care of their employees here, but they expect quite a bit. Already, several of the interns here have put in 12 hour shifts, one guy put in a 15 hour shift. I haven't had to work those kinds of shifts yet, just 5 or 6 hour shifts. Next week, my hours will get extended because the store I work at will extend their hours. I'm not here to make money. That's something I'm slowly recognizing and I'm o.k with that. As I'm moved around the past couple years, I've either lost or intentionally gotten rid of a lot of my possessions. It's been really good not to rely on so many material things. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy my longboard quite a bit and I own a decent amount of books, but nothing overboard.
God has been so good, especially with answered prayers. I've been seeing quite a few people around who work at the national park who I just really want to meet. Everyone here has a story that I really want to hear. So, I've been praying for opportunities to meet people and God has truly been faithful. Whether it's been through volleyball or pool or helping someone recycle some cardboard, I've truly been blessed with the people I've met here. More to come later....

2 comments:

starbird said...

GO RAFTING.

Anonymous said...

I did.
It was amazing ( and free )