Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gold-dust and Gems

Who needs 'em?
I'm not saying God can't, and hasn't. From what I've seen and the testimonies I've heard, God has done it.
Cool.
But...what of it? It's gold-dust and apparent flawless gems. When I die, they're still here. They are temporary. I'm not trying to belittle these gifts. God loves us and He LOVES to Love us.
Christ died for us. What more proof can we possibly demand or want of God?
It's cool. I've had friends get gold-dust and my intention is not to diminish that in any way, but for me personally, I don't know. Haha.
God does delight in us and love us. But we all are different and receive love in different ways.
If for some people gold-dust or flawless gems are the way they receive love or interpret it, sweet.
I don't think that's me.
But...if it ever happens to me, if I ever find a purple gem in my suitcase, if i ever discover flecks of gold scattered on my hands or clothes, I will still praise God.
And if it never happens, I will still praise God.

Pray for Sandy.

We get too focused on the gift and not why it's being given! Haha. Praise Jesus!
Holy Spirit, thank you for the playtime this weekend.

I just got a picture of Jesus. He had a gem in one hand and a hole in the other. Which one do I prefer?

2 comments:

G.N. said...

Take the gems... and sell them.

Erica said...

matt is matt miller from high school...lol we've been dating for a couple weeks now. hope you have a great week and if i get a chance i might look you up when i'm at bethel :)