Saturday, February 18, 2012

Who Knows

11:37am.

It's deceptively sunny out. I know this because it is snowing as well. One of those days where you long to be outside, and the second you do, you suddenly long to be inside.

I confess, I don't know the correct consistency for oatmeal. It always seems too thick or too thinned out. Maybe I should follow the recipe, but in terms of simply adding water to something (i.e pancake mix, or the instant mashed potatoes) I've always been a do-it-yourself sort of mixer.

This morning, it's too thick.

Little children run places because they are excited.
Adults run to places because they are late or exercising.

(I don't eat instant mashed potatoes anymore. They are gross compared with the real thing.)

Had lunch with a friend earlier this week. Got caught up on his life, which I was very behind in.

Talked with a friend on Skype for a bit. I felt super guilty because I haven't kept in contact with him or his family.

January was a hard month for me. I was depressed, and most days wanted to just lay on the couch and sleep. I'm doing a lot better. Working out helps (sort of). I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I've been trying to let God change my perspective at work lately. I gave away a 7-top (table with 7 people at it). When all was said and done, I ended up basically giving the waitress $30 (that's how much the tip was at the end). She had had a horrible night and I an incredibly busy and fruitful one. She was very appreciative and now talks to me a lot and helps me with my side-work whenever she gets a chance. I told her it's not something she needs to repay, that that wasn't the point.

Karli and I need to register at Target. That needs to happen soon. We also need to send out our invitations. Oh my.

Music is good.

No comments: