Friday, November 12, 2010

untitled

All I wanted was food and a movie
It's really not too much to ask for
I didn't want my eyes opened to the pain
And I got so much more than I bargained for

Waiting in line, I saw her bloodied up face
The sad look in her eyes told a story
Bruises and blood covered her features
A shell of her once beautiful glory

All she wanted was love and acceptance
It's really not too much to ask for
Instead she got a backhand and a fist
So much more than she bargained for

Taking a bus back to the good old home
Running away from his fire
Tears stream down "I think i'll be okay,
It' just that I am so tired"

Waiting in line for my pizza
On her arms are the marks of her hate
She says she had a really bad day
The numbness, she just had to sate

My words of comfort seem empty and shallow
You've made these yourself, the wounds are so deep
The pain brings you comfort, it awakens whats left
But the price is getting so steep

The children are crying in the streets
Motherless, fatherless
Arms stretched towards everything but the Heavens
They'll soon drown in their own tears, they'll all soon bleed out

These are the stores we need to enter into.
Ask for your eyes to be open, you'll see the pain, the hurt, the misery.
Loves wins, but it wins at a cost.
Are you willing to have your heart shatter for these people?
Your brothers and sisters, the lost sheep of the flock?
This is not easy, this is not clean, this is not painless.
He did not promise us this would be easy, clean or painless
Only that it will be worth it.
It. Will. Be. Worth. It.

No comments: